SUMMER & OUTDOOR ADVENTURE PROGRAM
Camping, Paddling & Yoga Certification in Ontario’s Restoule Provincial Park, Summer 2021
Mindfulness, yoga & summer camping combined! Enjoy daily yoga, meditation and fitness in the pristine woods of Ontario’s Parry Sound District.
Experience the rugged landscape while acquiring Yoga and Meditation certification (great university application and resume building!). Canoe to pristine islands and enjoy group meditations and mindfulness practices. Regardless of experience level, the programme will be tailored to deepen skills under the tutelage of professional wilderness leadership specialist and a certified yoga/mindfulness instructor.
While this departure is specifically designed for teenagers in Ontario, it can be customized for any group interested in mindfulness, yoga, pilates and wilderness learning.
If you are interested in a custom group departure for a yoga/pilates studio, association or colleagues, please email [email protected]. (The minimum requirement for a customized, group departure is 10 paying participants.)
Why Choose This Program
Earn two official certifications – Yoga & Meditation (nationally recognized standards that are resume worthy)
Learn how to thrive in the Canadian wilderness with an unforgettable adventure.
Practice mindfulness – acquire coping skills and useful approaches for all phases of life.
Explore a number of core competencies necessary to the art of living and journeying in the back-country by canoe.
Unplug and disconnect – take a technology break!
Gain confidence – empower yourself to be self-reliant and resourceful.
Fully immerse in nature!
Make new friends and connections – this program is open to all Ontario high school students (ideally ages 15-18 years old).
High calibre instructors who are Yoga Instructors and seasoned Outdoor Professionals/Wilderness Guides. They are experts at living, teaching and travelling in the wilderness.
What Is Included
- All fees and permitting within Restoule Provincial Park.
- Camping gear/expedition equipment: tents, stoves, sleeping bags and pads, tarps, canoes, paddles canoe packs, cookware.
- Safety gear (P.F.D.’s professional series, First Aid kits, etc..).
- All meals and snacks from lunch on Day 1 until mid-morning snack on Day 4.
- Satellite phone that will accompany the group (there is no cell phone reception in Algonquin Provincial Park).
- Online manual for the yoga and meditation course followed by a course completion certification.
- Wilderness guides (national lifeguard certified, wilderness first responders, and Paddle Canada certified).
- Certified yoga and wellness instructor.
What Is Not Included
- Transportation to and from Restoule Provincial Park
- Certification instruction and fees: yoga and meditation (*early sign up discounted rate = $400.00 total for both, taxes included. After February 1st, certification cost = $660.00 for both.)
- Anything not listed in the “included” section or in the itinerary below
- Deposit: $200.00 due by February 1, 2021. Balance due on April 1, 2021.
- Please email [email protected] to receive payment and registration instructions.
All requests for cancellation must be submitted in writing to Georgia Hardy Tours Inc. Charges for cancellation will be as follows:
- Deposit: non-refundable
- Final Payment date + 1 day: 100% of the tour price is non-refundable
- Covid-19 Cancellation Terms: In the event a participant has to cancel the trip due to a positive COVID test or COVID symptoms prior to departure, a credit for future use will be given. If the trip is cancelled due to Covid-19 restrictions (I.e: closure of provincial parks), lockdowns, or other measures under the State of Emergency then a full refund will be given.
5 Nights/6 Days
Thursday, August 5
Meet at Restoule Provincial Park and get acquainted with your fellow travel companions and guide/instructors. After a delicious shore lunch on the threshold of the park, your instructors will provide an introduction on what to expect, including: a hands-on workshops addressing paddling techniques, fire-making, and back-country cooking. Regardless of experience level, the programme will be tailored to deepen skills under the tutelage of wilderness leadership specialists. This evening enjoy a group meditation at sunset and an incredible meal prepared over a roaring fire, a swim in the pristine lake, and the chance to socialize fire-side while taking in the powerful ambience of northern Ontario.
Friday, August 6
Awaken to mist-shrouded lakes and birdsong in the midst of a paddler’s paradise! After a delicious and hearty breakfast on the grill a morning mindfulness session will be followed by a hike to a beautiful lookout. Group yoga, meditation and movement session in the mature forest will complete the experience. After lunch we will work on journaling and goal setting. The afternoon will include yoga with an emphasis on students learning how to teach and support each other. This will be done with music and modalities to make each class unique. The remainder of the afternoon will be on the shore swimming and relaxing with a group talk about meditation & mindfulness, and how to use it as a coping mechanism while enhancing a positive approach to life. Paddle around the islands before a delicious fireside cookout. Finish the day with a meditation under the stars while communing with nature.
Saturday, August 7
Sunrise walk to see the sun rise over the horizon. Morning yoga, movement and meditation. A guided discussion about how to bring more peace and purpose into your life, with an exploration into how to make your passion your area of study or future employment. Hot lakeside breakfast followed by a canoe and hiking adventure where with opportunities to work on a certification. Build resilience and problem solving skills while exercising in the outdoors and fresh air. This evening, a gourmet campfire cooking lesson will be followed by a meditation under the stars. Our final campfire together will provide the chance reflect on the shared experience while setting goals to incorporate our learning into our everyday lives & relationships.
Sunday August 8, 2021
Rise and shine with a morning swim and a chance to soak up the essence of this beautiful part of the world. Gather together to talk about how we bring peace and calm into our everyday lives and a final yoga asana! Lakeside hot breakfast and closing ceremony where certificates will be handed out. Break camp and return to the park entrance and pick-up point.
- In keeping with COVID-19 guidelines and park regulations, each program will have a maximum of 15 travellers and two instructors.
- Regardless of swimming ability, life jackets are mandatory at all times while on or near the water.
- Participants should be 15-18 years old at the time of the program.
- A packing list will be provided and participants are expected to arrive on Day 1 with all the necessary personal belongings on the packing list. Their belongings will be inspected and then be outfitted when they arrive to the park.
- Participants will be required to sign a waiver before starting the trip.
Fine Print: It is the responsibility of all participants to ensure that they have a valid passport and that no additional travel documents are necessary. Georgia Hardy Tours Inc. is not responsible for inadequate travel documents. Georgia Hardy Tours reserves the right to make changes in the itinerary when necessary for the convenience and safety of tour participants. Any extra cost in the unlikely event of itinerary changes must be borne by the individual participant.
Responsibility and Jurisdiction: Georgia Hardy Tours and their agents act only as agents for the passengers with respect to services supplied to passengers by others, including but not limited to transportation, hotel and restaurant services, on the express condition that they are not liable for any failure in such services, or injury, loss or damage, delay or inconvenience arising out of or in connection with any defect in any vehicle or any act, omission, accident or error in providing such transportation, hotel, restaurant or other services. There is no refund for unused portions of the tour. In case of an accident occurring during the land portion of any tour, the passenger must submit any claim therefore only to the competent judicial authorities of the jurisdiction where such accident occurred, to be determined exclusively in accordance with the laws of such jurisdiction. By accepting the coupons and tickets and utilizing the services, the passenger agrees that Georgia Hardy Tours nor any affiliated or subsidiary companies or representatives shall be liable for any loss, injury or damage to the passenger or belongings or otherwise in connection with any accommodations, transportation or other services or resulting directly from any occurrences beyond its control including breakdown in equipment, strikes, theft, delay or cancellation or changes in itinerary or schedules, etc. Georgia Hardy Tours and its agents reserve the right to refuse to accept or retain any person as a member of this tour. The right is reserved to withdraw any or all of the tour or portions thereof. All tour services including, but not limited to hotel accommodations, restaurants, guide services and transportation are furnished by independent contractors.