Volunteer in Kenya
Mombasa, Ndelani, and Masai Mara/Serengeti
“This trip to Africa was so amazing! The kids at MCF sang as we arrived and we ALL cried when we left!”
Why volunteer in Kenya?
- Have a true African experience and live at Mully Children’s Family
- Gain valuable community service experience and credit while working on a build project, assisting with “Green” projects, and helping teach in-class
- Fully supervised with Canadian teachers and staff
- Round-trip air from Toronto to Nairobi via London
- Half-day guided bus tour of London
- 3 day safari in Masai Mara during the annual “Great Migration”
- 3-day outreach program in Mombasa
- Luxury beach resort on the Indian Ocean
Mully Children’s Family (MCF) is a unique organization founded by Charles Mulli in 1989 as a home for orphaned, abandoned, and abused street children from some of Kenya’s worst slums.
Today, MCF is a unique family model that offers a loving residential environment, education and medical care to more than 2000 children aged 0-19 years. Over time – and more than 6000 children later – MCF has evolved into a model for holistic and sustainable development in Africa. An African “solution” to African issues. Children at MCF who were once without hope, thrive and excel at academics, sports, arts and learn to become productive leaders in their communities.
Georgia Hardy Tours partnered with MCF in developing a unique opportunity for North American teens to earn community service credits while being immersed in one of Africa’s most beautiful countries. Trips to MCF include the following: round-trip airfare, land transfers, accommodations at MCF’s largest facility in Ndelani (1.5 hours east of Nairobi) in newly built dorm facilities with modern bathroom facilites, and a community work programme for 5 days. Optional add-ons can include three days at a beach resort enjoying the Indian Ocean and volunteering at MCF’s Mombasa centre, and/or a safari in the legendary Masai Mara or Serengeti (Tanzania) viewing the big game with expert game wardens and staying at a gorgeous lodge.
Volunteering in Kenya is a once in a lifetime opportunity to explore Africa, volunteer at a truly remarkable aid organization, and enjoy a deluxe safari.